Saturday, April 20, 2013

Practice Hasn't Made Perfect Yet

If you will click HERE you will find my introduction of my new hobby.  I know you have all been waiting with bated breath for a progress report.  You haven't?  I am sort of insulted!  Well, here it is anyway.  Don't worry.  It's pretty short.  I'm progressing fairly slowly
  
I did this arrangement when Sarah came to visit.  It was one of my best so far, mainly because of the gorgeous flowers I found!


I particularly love monotones or striking duo-color combinations. The purple irises with their yellow throats looked so beautiful with the fabulous yellow roses.  

When I was preparing for Easter at my house, I created this arrangement.  I was very proud of it, and it lasted for days--with a fabulous scent!  The florist at Kroger helped me select the flowers.  The color palette was beautiful, and included some pale coral color orchids that he brought "out of the back."
  


The following arrangement precipitated my update today.  These are lovely tulips, but I don't think tulips will be my favorite flower to arrange.  



I used clear scotch tape to divide and make partitions for the tulips, but they didn't quite cooperate as I wanted them to. 


My arrangements may not be perfect, but God's flowers certainly are!  Onward and upward!  I'll keep you posted!

******************
 A funny thing happened to the tulips overnight!


Yep, those are the same flowers.  They stood up all straight!  
This is how I expected them to look.  

This phenomenon might possibly, perhaps, in some probability
have happened because the arranger (moi) did not
get in any hurry to get the tulips in water upon arriving
home with them.  (Can you say lazy?)
So...if you're taking lessons from me (who am I kidding?)
rush to get your flowers back in water!  
Unless you like the droopy look, which I now think I might. 

 

2 comments: