Monday, April 1, 2013

The Morning After Easter 2013

I have something to tell you which some of you may find surprising.  After my 14 guests left yesterday I did absolutely nothing!   As I am sure you all know (who could miss it!), the weekend also included the Cinderella ball.  Whew!  I was plum tuckered out.  



I made certain executive decisions based on the privileges of age and circumstances.  I used paper plates, plastic cups (a first!), and I even bought ice tea so I wouldn't have to make it!  I drew the line at disposable eating utensils or paper coffee cups, so...the silverware is still in the sink soaking!  And the dirty cups are still, well--dirty

And I've never felt more joyful than I do this morning after Easter. Why?  Because:

I serve a risen Savior, He's in the world today;
I know that He is living, whatever men may say;
I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer,
And just the time I need Him, He's always near.
He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives:
He lives within my heart!  

Got to go JOYFULLY clean up my kitchen!



 

3 comments: